The Patrons' Group
The GODAE OceanView Patrons’ Group consists of representatives of those agencies or groups which are well placed to provide guidance to the members of the GODAE OceanView Science Team (GOVST) with regard to science activities, collaborations and resources.
The specific tasks of the Patrons' Group include to:
- Provide visibility for and promote the value of GODAE OceanView and its activities;
- Provide a focus for national participation in GODAE OceanView;
- Obtain or provide appropriate national and international resources for GODAE OceanView;
- Provide advice to the GODAE OceanView Science Team on matters of resources, international coordination and funding priorities;
- Assist the GODAE OceanView Science Team in questions of advocacy for the ocean observing system and enable the ocean community to speak with one voice on this issue;
The following national and international organisations support GODAE OceanView and are represented in the Patrons' Group.
The Bureau of Meteorology is Australia's national weather, climate and water agency.
CNES is the Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales, the French government space agency.
CSIRO is the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia.
ESA is the European Space Agency, shaping the development of Europe’s space capability.
EUMETSAT is the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites.
Ifremer is the French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea.
INCOIS is the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services.
IOC is the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO.
The Met Office is the UK's National Met Service, with responsibility for weather (including ocean) forecasting and climate services
Mercator Ocean is the French Operational Oceanography Centre.
NASA is the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the agency of the United States government.
NMEFC is the National Marine Environmental Forecasting Center of State Oceanic Administration (SOA).
NOAA is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, a US federal agency.
REMO is the Brazilian effort in physical oceanography and operational oceanography.